Saturday, April 19, 2008

Adam Gorightly, Tuesday Weld, Druids and Hollywood


I grew up in L.A. and Hollywood. I come from circus folk. I come from a long line on both sides of actors,carnies, hucksters, performers,poets,writers,beatniks,artists,violinists, sculpters, entertainers, dancers, musicians,Jews,Buddhists,32nd degree Masons, Native Americans, assassinated Russians and fortune tellers. Yes, I'm a typical no account West Coast girl and so when I read Adam Gorightly's article for the current issue of Paranoia Magazine I said to myself: "Makes sense to me." And I finally understood why I really liked The Adams Family but thought The Munsters was at best a cheap rip-off.

So pick up your issue of Paranoia Magazine today and read Adam Gorightly's and Douglas Hawes article Tuesday Weld's Psychedelic Illuminati Conspiracy today!

(Synchronicity sidebar: There's also an article by Andrew Colvin about Mothman. I'm reading Colvin's Mothman Photographer's II right now, and in fact, was inspired enough to start a new blog about Mothman.

In the Tuesday Weld article, it's mentioned that researcher and writer Hawes lives in Santa Cruz, and, that there is a Santa Cruz Mountains connection with the subject matter and Weld. I used to live in both Santa Cruz and the surrounding areas, like Boulder Creek, etc.)

No comments: